Sunday, September 26, 2010

So United Airlines gets back to me... sort of

After formally submitting my complaint on Monday afternoon, I finally got a criptic response from United Airlines Thursday night. I am at a loss to understand by what they mean by "good will appreciation online" or by "token of our appreciation". I have not heard from them till this correspondence nor have I received anything from them. I replied back asking for clarity and to address the bad customer service I received. Here is the letter:

 

Dear Mr. Faulkner,  Thank you for writing us about your flights from Denver to Austin on September 19 - 20, 2010.  We appreciate the time you have taken to contact us.  I am sorry your flight was cancelled.  United is committed to operating a reliable schedule for every customer with safety always being our number one concern.  We recognize how important it is to you to get to your destination on time, however daily operational challenges sometimes interfere with our schedules.  We've made significant improvement to our on-time performance, but still have work to do.  Your feedback will help us target further improvement to ensure you have a more pleasant travel experience the next time you fly.  I am happy you were able to retrieve good will appreciation online.  I hope you can use it to provide you with a chance to experience the service you deserve.    I trust this token of our appreciation will help to tangibly express our gratitude.  We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.  Please fill out the survey where you can rate my individual performance. I value your feedback and hope that you walked away very satisfied with my service.  If I could have been better in handling your request, please reply and let me know what could have been done differently.  Regards,  Glen Sherif United Airlines Customer Relations

Posted via email from Wesley83's Posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment