Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The time has come! #MovemberATX 2011 day 1.

Today is the first day of Movember. If you haven't heard of Movember, it is obviously a combination of the word Mo, which is short for mustache, and November. The goal is to raise awareness and funds for male health issues, such as prostate and testicular cancer.

How is this done you may ask? Well in my case, I scare you a little by shaving my face bald. No more goatee, no more beard. I will be slowly growing a mustache for the whole month and will be asking for your support. Please make a donation of any amount. Right now I have $1 in my bank and would love to double it before the end of the day.

Here is my before pic. I took it at 5am in my bathroom this morning. I hope that explains the sleepy/pissed look I am giving off.

2011-11-01_05

I was up that early to catch a flight. Lucky me, I was invited to some secret Ford event in Dearborn, Michigan. So super secret that at right now as I sit in my hotel room I have no idea what the agenda is. Now that you have seen the before, brace yourself for the after.

2011-11-01_11
This is my third year being on Team Austin, and every year they do an awesome job. I hope that this year I am able to do my small part to help the cause. If you are in Austin, there are a ton of events scheduled. Check out the Facebook page and the Twitter account to stay current on all the happenings. You can also track other members of the team by the hash tag #MovemberATX.

Once again, I would love your help. Please donate what you can and check out my progress at: http://mobro.co/wesley83

 

If you would like to know more about the Movember Movement you can find out more here.

Posted via email from Wesley83's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment