Wednesday, March 9, 2011

SXSW Pokes - SXSW Poker #11: Wesley Faulkner

Poker #11: Wesley Faulkner

 

In 2008 I went to my first South By Southwest Interactive Festival. Not for fun, but for work. I was working for AMD at the time, and they wanted me there for tech support. I have been to several conventions and I only met one of two kinds of people, the techie or the talkie. I have always been both and felt like a rare anomaly till that day. I met person after person that were both extremely smart and could carry on a great conversation. I felt like a veil had been lifted to a whole new world of creative thinkers and doers. 

From that moment on, my life has been changed. Feeding off the knowledge and conversations like a pack of locust, hopping between social media conferences, meet ups, and clubs, devouring all that I could.  I have not missed a visit to SXSW ever since. 

This year, 2011, I am not just an attendee, but also a member of the SXSW Advisory Board. As such I now have the power to shape and influence the very thing that has shaped my life. Since that spring in 2008 I have gone on to fully embrace Twitter, start my own blog, lead the first ever Austin Twestival Local and soon start my own company, WordRipple.

Wesley’s experience spans multiple facets of the technology industry, from manufacturing to product development.  He currently works at AMD as a Product Development Engineer and is the Founder of WordRipple.

I was honored that my story was chosen to be featured.

Posted via email from Wesley83's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment