Sunday, February 13, 2011

Digital Savant Podcast #1: Wesley at SXSWi | Digital Savant

Digital Savant Podcast #1: Wesley at SXSWi

Here goes!

IMG_2023.JPG.jpg
This is my first attempt at a Digital Savant podcast. I have no idea if this will become a regular feature or what format it may take, but with the good graces of my editors, I’ve been allowed to give it a shot. Let me know what you think in the comments or e-mail me if you have tips, feedback or ideas for future audio segments. Be gentle: we did this in a single afternoon and tried to keep the editing and production very light and the length of the piece under 20 minutes.

In the clip, I chat with Wesley Faulkner, an Austin techie who is on the South by Southwest Interactive advisory board, about his experiences at the festival, how he navigates it and the best ways to get the most out of the experience. Wesley’s a friend, but he’s also well-known at the fest for seemingly being everywhere at once, making lots of connections and having a great time every year.

Other show notes from our chat:

The best way to listen to the podcast is to download it in AAC format and play it in iTunes or Windows Media Player or on your podcast-compatible portable player to see images and embedded info. You can also download it in MP3 format. Both are about the same size, 8 MB.

AAC podcast format (8 MB).

MP3 format (8 MB).

We’ll try to get this and hopefully future episodes up on iTunes at some point.

I was honored to join my friend Omar Gallaga on the first ever Digital Savant Podcast. He is awesome to listen to, so I hope to hear many more episodes in the future.

Posted via email from Wesley83's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment